1. Plan the teleconference. This is an important and easy step to follow. Essentially, you want to be on the same schedule with the person you are having the meeting with. You may want to consider orchestrating a start and finish time for your call. In addition, you can incorporate a question and answer section, in case particular questions of yours do not get answered in the meeting.
2. Make sure your equipment is running and working properly. In the event of equipment failure, you should arrange for a having a back up plan.
3. Test your equipment before you start the meeting. The object of the meeting is to achieve an understanding with the person on other line, and this cannot be achieved without properly working gear. Therefore, you should make a few test calls before you begin.
4. Use a facilitator to conduct the meeting. A moderator or facilitator is someone who helps move the meeting along. In addition, a moderator helps keep the meeting on task too.
5. Go through a summary in order to recap the meeting after the call. A recap will help you stay on the same page and clarify any misunderstandings from the meeting.